BGO Industrial Real Estate Income Trust, Inc. Privacy Notice
UPDATED: MAY 31, 2023
BGO Industrial Real Estate Income Trust, Inc. ("BGO IREIT," "we," or "us"), respect your concerns about privacy and is committed to protecting your personal data. This Privacy Notice describes how we collect and process information from visitors of this website [as well as our premises] and other communications with us, such as email.
This Privacy Notice aims to give you information on how BGO IREIT collects and processes your personal data, including any data you may provide to us through your use of this website when you contact us. It is important that you read this Privacy Notice together with any other privacy notice or fair processing notice we may provide on specific occasions when we are collecting or processing personal data about you so that you are fully aware of how and why we are using your data. This Privacy Notice supplements the other notices and is not intended to override them.
If you are an investor, please also find our Investor Data Privacy Notice here.
If you do not agree with this Privacy Notice, you should not use our website, visit our premises, or otherwise provide us with your information. This website may include links to third-party websites, plug-ins and applications. Clicking on those links or enabling those connections may allow third parties to collect or share data about you. We do not control these third-party websites and are not responsible for their privacy statements. When you leave our website, we encourage you to read the privacy notice of every website you visit.
PERSONAL DATA WE COLLECT ABOUT YOU
Personal data (also referred to as 'personally identifiable information' or 'personal information'), means any information about an individual from which that person can be identified. It does not include data where any identifying information has been fully removed (anonymous data). We may collect, use, store and transfer different kinds of personal data about you:
Personal and business contact information including name, postal and email address, and telephone number;
- Contact information (name, address, email address, telephone number and similar data, mailing list data such as marketing and communications preferences and interests);
- Tax status (tax ID, tax residence);
- Financial data (assets, investor profile, credit history, bank account details, debts and expenses);
- Transaction Data (information about your transactions with us);
- Technical Data including internet protocol (IP) address, your login data, internet or other network activity and technical information (including browsing or search history), browser type and version, time zone setting and location, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform and other technology on the devices you use to access this website;
- Audio, electronic, visual or similar information including photographs and CCTV footage; and
- Other information that you provide, or which may be incidentally processed when you contact us.
HOW IS YOUR PERSONAL DATA COLLECTED?
We use different methods to collect data from and about you including through:
- Direct interactions. You may give us your personal data by filling in forms or by corresponding with us by post, phone, email or otherwise.
- Automated technologies or interactions. As you interact with our website, we may automatically collect Technical Data about your equipment, browsing actions and patterns. We collect this personal data by using cookies, server logs and other similar technologies. We may also receive Technical Data about you if you visit other website employing our cookies.
- Third parties or publicly available sources. We may receive personal data about you from various third parties.
HOW WE USE YOUR PERSONAL DATA
We will only use your personal data for reasonable and legitimate business purposes, as the law allows us to. Most commonly, we will use your personal data in the following circumstances:
- Where we need to perform the contract we are about to enter into or have entered into with you, including to provide and manage our products, services and the website or to create, manage and administer accounts you hold with us.
- Where it is necessary for our legitimate interests (or those of a third party) and your interests and fundamental rights do not override those interests, including to send you promotional and advertising material, newsletters and other communications, protecting against, identifying and preventing fraud, copyright infringement, unauthorized use and distribution of protected content.
- Where we need to comply with a legal or regulatory obligation, including verifying your identity and conducting identity and background checks for anti-money laundering purposes where you or your related organization are applying for our products or services.
- Conducting internal compliance audits.
- Developing, managing and improving our products and services.
- Conducting research or surveys, performing data analyses (such as market and customer research).
- For other purposes required or authorized by law and for other purposes for which you have provided your consent.
We will only use your personal data for the purposes for which we collected it, unless we reasonably consider that we need to use it for another reason and that reason is compatible with the original purpose.
ACCURACY OF PERSONAL DATA
BGO IREIT will take appropriate steps to ensure that personal data collected by BGO IREIT is accurate and complete as reasonably required in connection with the purposes, including where personal data is likely to be used by BGO IREIT to make a decision that affects the individual to whom the personal data relates or if the personal data is likely to be disclosed to a third party.
HOW WE PROTECT PERSONAL DATA
We have put in place appropriate security measures to prevent your personal data from being accidentally lost, used or accessed in an unauthorized way, altered or disclosed. In addition, we limit access to your personal data to those employees, agents, contractors and other third parties who have a business need to know. They will only process your personal data on our instructions and they are subject to a duty of confidentiality.
BGO IREIT takes steps to ensure the security of your personal data, regardless of the format in which it is held, while in its custody is appropriate to the sensitivity of the information, including physical security measures (such as the use of locked cabinets and storage facilities) and technological security measures (such as the use of passwords and encryption).
BGO IREIT will take appropriate steps to protect personal data disclosed to third parties, such as by contractual agreements stipulating the confidentiality and security of the information and the purpose for which it is to be used.
PERSONAL DATA TRANSFER
Visitors to this website who reside outside of the United States do so on their own initiative and are responsible for compliance with local laws, if and to the extent local laws are applicable. If you are located outside of the United States, please be aware that any information you provide to us will be transferred to and processed in the United States, a jurisdiction in which the privacy laws may not be as comprehensive as those in the country where you reside. Whenever we transfer your personal data out of the country in which you initially provided the information, we will protect that information as described in this Privacy Notice.
HOW LONG WILL YOU USE MY PERSONAL DATA FOR?
We will only retain your personal data for as long as necessary to fulfil the purposes we collected it for, including for the purposes of satisfying any legal, accounting, or reporting requirements. To determine the appropriate retention period for personal data, we consider the amount, nature, and sensitivity of the personal data, the potential risk of harm from unauthorized use or disclosure of your personal data, the purposes for which we process your personal data and whether we can achieve those purposes through other means, and the applicable legal requirements.
Once personal data is no longer required to fulfill the purposes and is no longer required or permitted to be retained for legal or business purposes, it will be destroyed or made anonymous.
ACCESS TO PERSONAL DATA
Under certain circumstances, you may have rights under local data protection laws in relation to your personal data. To the extent provided by the law of your jurisdiction, you may request access to the personal data we maintain about you or request that we correct, amend, delete or block the information by contacting us as indicated below.
An individual may, upon written request to BGO IREIT's Privacy Officer, access the personal data about the individual that is in the custody of BGO IREIT. Within 30 days of such request (or such longer time as permitted by law), BGO IREIT will inform the individual of existence, use, and disclosure of such information.
An individual may, upon written request to BGO IREIT, request a correction to an error or omission in any personal data that is under BGO IREIT's control. BGO IREIT will, as appropriate, amend the information as requested and use its best efforts to send the corrected personal data to each third party to which it has disclosed the information during the preceding year.
The written request must provide sufficient detail to enable BGO IREIT, with a reasonable effort, to identify the individual and the personal data or correction being sought.
An individual's rights to access his or her personal data are not absolute. BGO IREIT may deny access when denial of access is required or permitted by law. If we deny an individual's request for access to, or refuse a request to correct personal data, we will explain why, to the extent permitted by law.
HOW TO CONTACT US
If you have any questions about this Privacy Notice, including any requests for access to your personal data, please contact BGO IREIT's Privacy Officer at:
BGO Industrial Real Estate Income Trust Inc.
399 Park Avenue, 18th Floor
New York, NY 10022
You will not have to pay a fee to access your personal data (or to exercise any of the other rights). However, we may charge a reasonable fee if your request is clearly unfounded, repetitive or excessive. Alternatively, we may refuse to comply with your request in these circumstances. We may need to request specific information from you to help us confirm your identity and ensure your right to access your personal data (or to exercise any of your other rights). This is a security measure to ensure that personal data is not disclosed to any person who has no right to receive it. We may also contact you to ask you for further information in relation to your request to speed up our response.
This Privacy Notice may include technical inaccuracies or typographical errors. We reserve the right, in our sole discretion, to amend or revise this Privacy Notice from time to time. We will notify you of any changes to this Privacy Notice by posting a revised notice with an updated date on this page. Any changes will be effective immediately upon the posting of the revised Privacy Notice. You are encouraged to periodically review this Privacy Notice in order to stay informed of any changes regarding our collection, use, processing and disclosure of your personal data.